This tax course is designed to give the student the basic federal tax law knowledge needed to be able to prepare and complete individual income tax returns including the most commonly used forms and schedules.
This Course covers topics related to the preparation of individual tax returns, the Ethics and codes of conduct for tax professional, as well as the Tax Law updates pertaining to the preparation of individual tax returns.
Upon completing this course, the student should have the basic knowledge and concepts of income taxation for individuals and the necessary knowledge to prepare income taxes for individuals using IRS Form 1040 and the associated forms and schedules for most taxpayers.
The course material has been updated to reflect all the available changes for the 2019 tax year (returns filed in 2020) available at the time the course was created. All review and exam questions are based on 2019 tax year information provided in the course material. Since the forms and publications for the 2019 tax year were not available at the time this course was created, this course therefore uses the 2018 tax year tables, forms, and publications for reference.
Since the tax law is continuously changing, further updates affecting the 2019 tax returns will either be included in our updated “Tax Law Updates” course or will be emailed to the students who have successfully completed this course.
Who is this Course for?
- This course is ONLY for individuals who are new to the tax preparation field and are interested in learning how to prepare taxes.
- This course is NOT for Attorneys, CPAs, EAs, or Registered / Enrolled Tax Preparers.
There are no education prerequisites for this course.
Anyone can take the course.
Field of Study:
Online course (web based course material and exams).
Online at www.3isschool.com
Online at www.3isschool.com
- IRS – 45 hours.
Course Work, Access, Progression, and Grading:
- Students need to complete the course within 6 months. Access to the course expires 180 after enrollment.
- Our online courses are divided into Sections, Lessons, and Topics.
- Topics include review questions that are designed to help you assess your understanding of the material. Review questions provide feedback and are not graded.
- After each section or lesson there is a quiz or an exam. Quizzes and exams are graded. You need to pass each section or lesson quiz or exam to be able to proceed to the next section or lesson. The minimum passing grade for each quiz or exam is 70%. You are allowed a maximum of 2 attempts for each quiz or exam.
Course Name and Number:
3IS Basic Income Tax Course
Course Content and Outline:
- 40 Hours Federal Tax Law.
- 2 CE Hours Federal Ethics.
- 3 CE Hours Federal Tax Law Updates.
- Course Certification.
- Course Survey.
- Course Credit Submission.
- Student Letter (Next Steps).
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- You may cancel your enrollment within 10 days of your enrollment – and before you have completed the course – by notifying us. Upon receiving your notification, you will receive a full refund of your enrollment fees.
- You may cancel your enrollment after 10 days of your enrollment – and before you have completed the course – by notifying us. Upon receiving your notification, you will receive a 50% refund of your enrollment fees.
- You must notify us of your intent to cancel your enrollment within 30 days of your enrollment to be eligible for any refunds.
- If you cancel after completing the course, no refunds will apply.
- You have a maximum of 2 attempts to pass the course exam. No refunds will be issued for failure to pass the course exam. If you fail to pass the exam, you can notify us to request a third attempt at a special exam for an additional fee, or to re-enroll in the course.
- You may contact us by phone at 1-855-620-7988 or by email at email@example.com.
- All refund requests will be processed within 10 days after receipt of your cancellation request.
Should a student become dissatisfied with this course he/she should contact the Administrator of the 3IS Tax School at (855) 620-7988 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Grievances, complaints, suggestions, and comments will be reviewed on an individual basis.
Terms, Conditions, and Privacy:
3IS Tax Services (Provider # A3QH8) is and IRS approved continuing education provider.