This tax course is designed to fulfill “3 Federal Tax Law Updates CE Hours” of the IRS continuing education requirements for tax preparers and enrolled agents. This course covers the changes issued by the IRS and the tax law updates that will apply to the 2021 tax year. This course also covers the TCJA (Tax Cuts and Jobs Act signed into law December 22, 2017) and the active provisions of the PATH Act (Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes signed into law December 18, 2015).
Upon completing this course, the student should be aware of the changes issued by the IRS and the tax law updates applicable to the 2021 tax year. Students should also be familiar with the permanent and temporary provisions of TCJA and the PATH Acts pertaining to families and individuals, and businesses.
The course material has been updated to reflect all the available changes for the 2021 tax year (returns filed in 2022) available at the time the course was created. All review and exam questions are based on 2021 tax year information provided in the course material. Since the forms and publications for the 2021 tax year were not available at the time this course was created, this course therefore uses the 2020 tax year tables, forms, and publications for reference.
Since the tax law is continuously changing, further updates affecting the 2021 tax returns will either be included in our updated “Tax Law Updates” course or will be emailed to the students who have successfully completed this course.
Who is this Course for?
- This course is ONLY for Tax Preparers and Enrolled Agents (EAs).
- This course is NOT for Attorneys, or CPAs.
There are no education prerequisites for this course. The student must have and active PTIN to receive credit for this course.
Anyone can take the course for their own benefit, but in order for 3IS Tax School to submit the course credits and completion to the IRS, the student must have a valid and current PTIN number.
- For information about obtaining or renewing a PTIN number (see instructions on the IRS website)
Field of Study:
Online course (web based course material and exams).
Online at www.3isschool.com
Online at www.3isschool.com
- IRS – 3 CE credit hours.
Course Work, Access, Progression, and Grading:
- Students need to complete the course within 6 months. Access to the course expires 180 after enrollment.
- Our online courses are divided into Lessons and Topics.
- Topics include review questions that are designed to help you assess your understanding of the material. Review questions provide feedback and are not graded.
- After each topic there is a quiz or an exam. Quizzes and exams are graded. You need to pass each topic quiz or exam to be able to proceed to the next topic or lesson. The minimum passing grade for each quiz or exam is 70%. You are allowed a maximum of 2 attempts for each quiz or exam.
Course Name and Number:
3IS Federal Tax Law Updates Course (Course# A3QH8-U-00017-21-O)
Course Content and Outline:
- Lesson – Federal Tax Law Updates (3 CE Hours)
- Topic – Federal Tax Law Updates (3 CE Hours) (IRS Course Number: A3QH8-U-00017-21-O).
- Course Certification.
- Course Survey.
- Course Credit Submission.
- Student Letter (Next Steps).
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- You may cancel your enrollment within 10 days of your enrollment – and before you have completed the course – by notifying us. Upon receiving your notification, you will receive a full refund of your enrollment fees.
- You may cancel your enrollment after 10 days of your enrollment – and before you have completed the course – by notifying us. Upon receiving your notification, you will receive a 50% refund of your enrollment fees.
- You must notify us of your intent to cancel your enrollment within 30 days of your enrollment to be eligible for any refunds.
- If you cancel after completing the course, no refunds will apply.
- You have a maximum of 2 attempts to pass the course exam. No refunds will be issued for failure to pass the course exam. If you fail to pass the exam, you can notify us to request a third attempt at a special exam for an additional fee, or to re-enroll in the course.
- You may contact us by phone at 1-855-620-7988 or by email at email@example.com.
- All refund requests will be processed within 10 days after receipt of your cancellation request.
Should a student become dissatisfied with this course he/she should contact the Administrator of the 3IS Tax School at (855) 620-7988 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Grievances, complaints, suggestions, and comments will be reviewed on an individual basis.
Terms, Conditions, and Privacy:
3IS Tax Services (Provider # A3QH8) has been approved by the IRS to offer The 3IS Tax Law Updates Course (Course# A3QH8-U-00017-21-O), which fulfills the IRS 3-hour Tax Law Updates “continuing education” requirement for tax preparers.