Enrollment is closed for course 2020 updates. Enrollment will reopen September 2020.
This course is not for CRTPs and does not offer credit hours for CTEC.
This tax course is designed to fulfill the 15 hour continuing tax education requirement of the IRS Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP) for exempt tax preparers. Annual Filing Season Program participants are included in a public database of return preparers on the IRS website. Annual Filing Season Program participants will have limited representation rights, meaning they can represent clients whose returns they prepared and signed, but only before revenue agents, customer service representatives, and similar IRS employees, including the Taxpayer Advocate Service. This Course covers topics related to the preparation of individual tax returns, the Ethics and codes of conduct for tax professional, as well as the Tax Law updates pertaining to the preparation of individual tax returns.
Upon completing this course, the student should have improved their knowledge of income taxation, as well as being up to date with the latest tax law changes and updates.
The course material has been updated to reflect all the available changes for the 2019 tax year (returns filed in 2020) available at the time the course was created. All review and exam questions are based on 2019 tax year information provided in the course material. Since the forms and publications for the 2019 tax year were not available at the time this course was created, this course therefore uses the 2018 tax year tables, forms, and publications for reference.
Since the tax law is continuously changing, further updates affecting the 2019 tax returns will either be included in our updated “Tax Law Updates” course or will be emailed to the students who have successfully completed this course.
Who is this Course for?
- This course is ONLY for Exempt Tax Preparers (more information on the IRS website) who want to participate in the IRS Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP).
- This course is NOT for Attorneys, CPAs, EAs, or Non-Exempt Tax Preparers.
There are no education prerequisites for this course. The student must have and active PTIN to receive credit for this course.
Anyone can take the course for their own benefit, but in order for 3IS Tax School to submit the course credits and completion to the IRS, the student must have a valid and current PTIN number.
After 3IS Tax School submits the course credits and completion to the IRS, and the student wishes to participate in the IRS Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP), he or she will need to login to the IRS PTIN system and Consent to adhere to the obligations in Circular 230, Subpart B and section 10.51.
- For information about obtaining or renewing a PTIN number (see instructions on the IRS website)
- For information about the IRS AFSP program (see information on the IRS website)
Field of Study:
Online course (web based course material and exams).
Online at www.3isschool.com
Online at www.3isschool.com
- IRS – 15 CE credit hours.
Course Work, Access, Progression, and Grading:
- Students need to complete the course within 6 months. Access to the course expires 180 after enrollment.
- Our online courses are divided into Lessons and Topics.
- Topics include review questions that are designed to help you assess your understanding of the material. Review questions provide feedback and are not graded.
- After each topic there is a quiz or an exam. Quizzes and exams are graded. You need to pass each topic quiz or exam to be able to proceed to the next topic or lesson. The minimum passing grade for each quiz or exam is 70%. You are allowed a maximum of 2 attempts for each quiz or exam.
Course Name and Number:
3IS AFSP Course for Exempt Tax Preparers (Course# Various)
Course Content and Outline:
- Lesson – Federal Tax Law (10 CE Hours).
- Topic – Business Income and Self-Employment (3 CE Hours) (IRS Course Number: A3QH8-T-00011-19-O).
- Topic – Rental Income (1 CE Hour) (IRS Course Number: A3QH8-T-00015-19-O).
- Topic – Other Income (2 CE Hours) (IRS Course Number: A3QH8-T-00014-19-O).
- Topic – Itemized Deductions (2 CE Hours) (IRS Course Number: A3QH8-T-00013-19-O).
- Topic – Education Benefits (2 CE Hours) (IRS Course Number: A3QH8-T-00012-19-O).
- Lesson – Ethics (2 CE Hours).
- Topic – Ethics for Tax Preparers (2 CE Hours) (IRS Course Number: A3QH8-E-00009-19-O).
- Lesson – Federal Tax Law Updates (3 CE Hours)
- Topic – Federal Tax Law Updates (3 CE Hours) (IRS Course Number: A3QH8-U-00010-19-O).
- Course Certification.
- Course Survey.
- Course Credit Submission.
- Student Letter (Next Steps).
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- You may cancel your enrollment within 10 days of your enrollment – and before you have completed the course – by notifying us. Upon receiving your notification, you will receive a full refund of your enrollment fees.
- You may cancel your enrollment after 10 days of your enrollment – and before you have completed the course – by notifying us. Upon receiving your notification, you will receive a 50% refund of your enrollment fees.
- You must notify us of your intent to cancel your enrollment within 30 days of your enrollment to be eligible for any refunds.
- If you cancel after completing the course, no refunds will apply.
- You have a maximum of 2 attempts to pass the course exam. No refunds will be issued for failure to pass the course exam. If you fail to pass the exam, you can notify us to request a third attempt at a special exam for an additional fee, or to re-enroll in the course.
- You may contact us by phone at 1-855-620-7988 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All refund requests will be processed within 10 days after receipt of your cancellation request.
Should a student become dissatisfied with this course he/she should contact the Administrator of the 3IS Tax School at (855) 620-7988 or via email to email@example.com. Grievances, complaints, suggestions, and comments will be reviewed on an individual basis.
Terms, Conditions, and Privacy:
3IS Tax Services (Provider # A3QH8) has been approved by the IRS to offer The 3IS AFSP for Exempt Preparers Course (Course# Various), which fulfills the 15-hour “continuing education” requirement for the IRS Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP) for exempt tax preparers. For more information about the IRS Annual Filing Season Program please visit the IRS website at https://www.irs.gov/tax-professionals/annual-filing-season-program.